Cook and Lake Counties Welcome Walk-ins for COVID Vaccine
- Posted by Barrington Hills
- On April 27, 2021
Cook County Health Expanding
Walk-In Vaccine Availability
Cook County Health will be welcoming walk-ins at all of its mass vaccination sites.
Beginning April 26, all Cook County Health mass vaccination sites will be open from 8:30AM-5:00PM* Monday through Saturday for walk-ins.
- Tinley Park, 18451 Convention Center Drive (Moderna, age 18+)
- Matteson, 4647 Promenade Way (Pfizer, age 16+)
- River Grove- Triton College, 2000 5th Avenue (Pfizer, age 16+)
- South Holland- South Suburban College, 15800 State Street (Pfizer, age 16+)
- Des Plaines, 1155 E Oakton Street (Pfizer, age 16+)
- Forest Park, 7630 West Roosevelt Road (Pfizer, age 16+)
Individuals or groups who are interested in getting a vaccine can simply show up and register onsite.
The Pfizer vaccine is the only vaccine currently approved for 16 and 17 year old’s. As such, it is important for these individuals to walk-in or make an appointment at a Pfizer site. Individuals age 16 and 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Individuals can still make appointments at vaccine.cookcountyil.gov or by calling 833-308-1988, Monday – Friday from 7AM – 10PM and Saturday from 8AM – 10PM.
* Hours of sites are subject to change. Visit https://cookcountyhealth.org/covid19-vaccine-sites/ for updated hours of operation.
Lake County’s largest mass vaccination site, which recently opened at the former Kmart Supercenter building at 400 East Rollins Road in Round Lake Beach, will be capable of up to 5,000 vaccinations a day, if vaccine supply allows.
The indoor vaccinations can be scheduled by appointment or by walking in. It is available to all people who live or work in Lake County and are ages 16 and older.
The vaccine is free of charge to everyone.
Those interested can schedule appointments online at cur.tv/lakeco. The site will run Tuesdays through Sundays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
People who are registered in Lake County’s COVID-19 vaccination portal AllVax and opted in to share their registration information with vaccination partners may also be contacted by Curative to schedule an appointment at the Round Lake Beach site.