Trees are critical to the Village’s unique environment, that is why some species are protected by the Heritage Tree Preservation Ordinance. If you are planning to remove trees from your property please review the ordinance and contact the Village before cutting down any trees.
Barrington Hills is one of the few municipalities which allows burning on residential properties. Please be courteous to your neighbors and safe!
Burning regulations include but are not limited to:
- Burning is prohibited when wind is in excess of 12 mph
- A max of 6 hours total per day
- Landscape burns may only occur between 8 am and 9 pm
- Fire must be at least 100 ft from any structure
- Max size of 10 ft x 10 ft x 10 ft
- Fire must be constantly attended by an individual at least 18 years of age
- Means of extinguishing the fire must be be immediately available
- You may only burn dry firewood, landscape waste, or untreated/painted lumber