What if my electricity goes out?

Power outages are handled by ComEd. If your electricity goes out, you need to contact them directly. The Village has no control over when your power will be restored and cannot provide an estimated time of restoration.

If you have an emergency during a power outage, please dial 9-1-1 for assistance.


(800) 334-7661

Natural Gas

Smell Gas? Know the Signs of a Leak.

Natural gas is a colorless, odorless fuel. As a safety precaution, Nicor Gas adds a chemical odorant called mercaptan that gives natural gas an odor often associated with rotten eggs. This distinctive scent allows you to smell a potential leak if it occurs. Always leave your home if you suspect a leak.

If you suspect a leak, smell odors or have a related emergency, please dial 888-642-6748.


(886) 642-6748

Planning to Dig?

Call J.U.L.I.E. at 811

This three-digit number is easy to remember.

In addition, callers can still contact JULIE using the toll-free number 1-800-892-0123. Notify JULIE 72 hours prior to the start of work to mark utility locations.

Building Permits

Permits are required for construction, excavation, demolition and overweight trucks. Be sure to check with the Village before starting any building projects.