- Posted by Barrington Hills
- On March 12, 2020
With the increased numbers of COVID-19 cases being reported, the Village of Barrington Hills wants to reassure our residents that we are doing our part to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases and are following the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) recommended strategies:
- Hand hygiene reminders have been posted.
- Soap dispensers are full and hand sanitizer is made available.
- Sick employees are asked to stay home.
- In addition to the regular tri-weekly cleaning, frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, countertops, handrails, workstations, etc. are wiped down with disinfecting wipes.
We ask our residents and visitors to also help in this cause by practicing The Three C’s for Prevention:
- CLEAN hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, and avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- COVER coughs and sneezes with tissues to be thrown in the trash.
- CONTAIN germs by staying home if ill.
Village Hall remains open but if you prefer to call, we are happy to assist you. Meetings will proceed as scheduled.
For general education, resources, frequently asked questions and who to contact, visit the below sites for up-to-date information:
Lake County Health Department:
Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
lllinois Dept. of Public Health (IDPH):
IDPH has established a hotline and an email address to answer questions: 800-889-3931 or firstname.lastname@example.org