Holiday Hoopla at the Hall!
- Posted by Barrington Hills
- On December 1, 2022
President Brian Cecola together with Police Chief Joseph Colditz helped spread the holiday spirit by decorating Village Hall for the holiday season!
Be sure to decorate safely by following these safety tips:
- If using an artificial tree, check that it is labeled “fire resistant.”
- If using a live tree, cut off two inches of the trunk to expose fresh wood for better water absorption. Remember to water it regularly.
- Please your tree at least three feet away from fireplaces, radiators and other heat sources, making certain not to block doorways.
- Only use indoor lights indoors and outdoor lights outdoors.
- Choose the right ladder for the task when hanging lights.
- Replace light sets that have broken or cracked sockets, frayed or bare wires, or loose connections.
- Follow the package directions on the number of light sets that can be plugged into one socket.
- Keep plugs off the ground away from puddles and snow.
- Turn off lights and decorations when going to bed or leaving the house.
For more safety tips, visit NationalSafetyCouncil.org.