- Posted by Barrington Hills
- On March 20, 2020
MESSAGE FROM PRESIDENT MARTIN J. MCLAUGHLIN
Residents of the Village of Barrington Hills:
I want to take this time to make you aware of the recent “shelter-in-place” or “stay-at-home” order just enacted by Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker, taking effect at 5 PM on Saturday, March 21st through April 7th. Many of you may have questions as to what this means in our daily lives as we get through this COVID-19 outbreak.
To slow the spread of the coronavirus, residents are asked to stay in their homes–known as “shelter-in-place”. Public health officials have recommended residents avoid gatherings and maintain a distance of at least six feet apart. The idea of shelter-in-place is to ensure residents are following the social distancing recommendations.
Necessary Services will stay open.
The fundamental building blocks of our communities will not be closing: Grocery Stores, Banks, Veterinary, Hospitals, Healthcare Providers, Plumbers, Laundromats/Laundry Services and the like.
For those already taking precautions, life will not change. Residents can still:
- Go to the grocery store
- Go to the pharmacy for healthcare necessities
- Go to their medical appointments
- Go on a walk, run or hike
- Walk your dog
- Care for a relative or friend
- Practice Social Distancing at all times
A KEY IN COMBATING THIS VIRUS IS TO FOLLOW THE THREE Cs:
- COVER your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and throw tissues out in a lined can.
- CLEAN your hands often. Wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- CONTAIN the spread of the virus by staying home— “shelter-in-place”
Working cooperatively together this should help in protecting our more vulnerable citizens. Thank you for doing your part.
During this time, Village Hall will be closed to visitors, but staff will continue to be available by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and by phone 847-551-3000 during our regular business hours of 9 AM to 5 PM.
The Village’s Police Force will continue to serve the residents of Barrington Hills. You may call 911 or Police Dispatch 24 x 7 at 847-428-8784. The Police Department Lobby will be closed to walk-ins but can be reached at 847-551-3006 during their regular hours of 8 AM to 4 PM.