- Posted by Barrington Hills
- On November 9, 2018
Village Hall offices will be closed Monday, November 12th, in observance of Veterans Day. For Emergencies, dial 911. For Non-Emergencies, dial QuadComm at 847-428-8784.
We thank and honor all Military Veterans for their service. Five facts you may have not known about Veterans Day:
- Veterans Day does NOT have an apostrophe.
- Veterans Day is NOT the same as Memorial Day.
- It was originally called Armistice Day, commemorating the end of World War I.
- For some inexplicable reason, the bill set Veterans Day commemorations for the fourth Monday of every October.
- Other countries celebrate Veterans Day as well.
For more details, visit Five Fact to Know About Veterans Day.