Voter Registration & Election Information – Early Voting Begins June 13th!
- Posted by Barrington Hills
- On June 10, 2022
Are you registered to vote? No? Take advantage of one of these three easy ways:
- ONLINE: by Sunday, June 12, 2022, through the Illinois State Board of Elections website.
- PAPER/PDF: It must be postmarked by Tuesday, May 31, 2022. If you do not have a driver’s license or state ID, complete the form online, print, sign and mail it in. Follow the application instructions.
- IN PERSON: by Tuesday, May 31, 2022. Eligible suburban Cook County residents can also register to vote in person with a certified registrar:
- Illinois Secretary of State’s Office
- County Clerk’s Office
- Township Office (Be sure there is an onsite registrar).
Are you a new resident?
If you have moved, you may need to transfer your registration by re-registering with your new county clerk or by updating an existing registration via the Illinois Online Voter Application. You will need an Illinois State ID to complete.
Don’t have an Illinois State License? Complete the downloaded application and mail it to your county clerk’s office (links below).
You can also answer No to the question Do you have a valid Illinois driver’s license or State ID found on the Illinois Online Voter Application. Follow the prompts, print your answers, sign it and mail the printout to your county clerk’s office with proper identification.
If you choose to replace your out-of-state driver’s license with an Illinois driver’s license, you can also transfer your registration at that time at the Secretary of State’s office.
May 31 is the final day to register to vote in person at the offices of the election authority. It’s also the latest your form can be postmarked if you choose to mail in your registration application.
Not sure about your voting eligibility? Verify your status via Illinois Online Voter Application.
For election information visit your county’s election site:
Village Hall is an early voting site for Cook County residents for the 2022 Gubernatorial Primary Elections.
Eligible voters can participate in Early Voting, Vote By Mail or on Election Day at their assigned polling place.
Early Voting runs from Monday, June 13th through June 27th. This includes the weekends. Early Voting hours are:
Monday Through Saturday
June 13 – June 17
June 20 – June 25
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
June 19 & June 26
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
AT YOUR ASSIGNED POLLING LOCATION
6:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- May 19 marks both the first day mail-in ballots will be sent to voters who requested them and the first day for early voting in some counties.
- May 26 is the first day of early voting in Chicago, delayed a week because of changes to the ballot.
- May 31 is the final day to register to vote in person at the offices of the election authority. It’s also the latest your form can be postmarked if you choose to mail in your registration application.
- June 1 marks the start of the voter registration “grace period,” where people can register to vote at election offices, early voting locations or permanent polling places.
- June 12 is the last day to register to vote online.
- June 23 is the deadline to request a mail-in ballot.
- June 27 marks the final day of early voting.
- June 28 is primary Election Day, also the latest date a mail-in ballot can be postmarked to be counted.