Voter Registration & Election Information – Early Voting Begins October 24
- Posted by Barrington Hills
- On September 30, 2022
Are you registered to vote? No?
Take advantage of one of these three easy ways:
(This page is meant to serve only as a guide and may not contain updates or corrections from the State Board of Elections. Visit the State Board of Elections website for up-to-date and accurate information).
- ONLINE: by Sunday, October 23, 2022, through the Illinois State Board of Elections website.
- PAPER/PDF: It must be postmarked by Tuesday, October 11, 2022. If you do not have a driver’s license or state ID, complete the form online, print, sign and mail it in. Follow the application instructions.
- IN PERSON: by Tuesday, October 11, 2022. Eligible suburban Cook County residents can also register to vote in person with a certified registrar:
- Illinois Secretary of State’s Office
- County Clerk’s Office
- Township Office (Be sure there is an onsite registrar).
Are you a new resident?
If you have moved, you may need to transfer your registration by re-registering with your new county clerk or by updating an existing registration via the Illinois Online Voter Application. You will need an Illinois State ID to complete.
Don’t have an Illinois State License? Complete the downloaded application and mail it to your county clerk’s office (links below).
You can also answer No to the question Do you have a valid Illinois driver’s license or State ID found on the Illinois Online Voter Application. Follow the prompts, print your answers, sign it and mail the printout to your county clerk’s office with proper identification.
If you choose to replace your out-of-state driver’s license with an Illinois driver’s license, you can also transfer your registration at that time at the Secretary of State’s office.
October 11 is the final day to register to vote in person at the offices of the election authority. It’s also the latest your form can be postmarked if you choose to mail in your registration application.
Not sure about your voting eligibility? Verify your status via Illinois Online Voter Application.
For election information visit your county’s election site:
Village Hall is an early voting site for Cook County residents for the 2022 Gubernatorial Elections.
Eligible voters can participate in Early Voting, Vote By Mail, or on Election Day at their assigned polling place.
Early Voting runs from Monday, October 24, 2022, through Monday, November 7, 2022. This includes the weekends. Early Voting hours are:
Monday Through Saturday
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
October 24 – October 29
October 31 – November 5
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
October 30 & November 6
ELECTION DAY–November 8
6:00 AM – 7:00 PM
AT YOUR ASSIGNED POLLING LOCATION
- October 11 Voter registration closes for deputy registrars and local election officials.
- October 23 is the last day to register to vote by online application.
- October 24 is the first day of early voting.
- November 3 is the deadline to request a mail-in ballot.
- November 7 marks the final day of early voting.
- November 8 is Election Day, and also the latest date a mail-in ballot can be postmarked to be counted.