ComEd to Begin Vegetation Management
- Posted by Barrington Hills
- On January 22, 2024
ComEd has notified the Village of vegetation management to begin throughout Barrington Hills within the next few months. The vegetation management activities are a key component of ComEd’s maintenance program to ensure system electrical reliability, as vegetation contact with ComEd equipment is the leading cause of outages
ComEd has provided notice to any affected customers and property owners with:
- a statement of the vegetation management activities planned
- the address of a website and a toll-free number at which a written disclosure of all dispute resolution opportunities and processes, rights and remedies provided by the electric public utility may be obtained
- a statement that the customer and property owner may appeal the planned vegetation management activities through the electric public utility and the Illinois Commerce Commission
- toll-free phone number
- the phone number of Consumer Affairs Officer of the Illinois Commerce Commission
For information about vegetation maintenance along power lines and ComEd’s program, follow the link Right Tree, Right Place Program.
Questions or concerns should be directed to ComEd directly at 800-Edison-1.